Friday, June 23, 2006

Damn Good Coffee

To my mind, nothing can improve a Friday morning more than a great cup of fresh brewed, locally roasted coffee. And I can't think of a better choice than Gimme! Coffee of Ithaca, NY. Go ahead, do a Google search on these guys and you'll find nothing but good things. All I can say is they had me from the very first cup, which tasted of such mighty elixer that I drained it too fast to savor and had to immediately buy a second cup. And a bag of beans to take home. And a Gimme! mug to commemorate the occasion. And a complimentary bumpersticker. Would have bought a t-shirt if they had 'em.

By the way, if you are into coffee and looking to brew better at home, I highly recommend taking a look at Gimme's excellent tutorial on how to make a better cup in your own kitchen. No fancy machines required!

Today, I am enjoying a life-affirming cup of French Roast that I can already tell will be boosting my day for several hours to come. Thank you, Gimme! Coffee. Thank you from the depths of my soul to the tip of my tongue. I love you, and I don't care who knows it!

No comments: