Saturday, December 08, 2007

Happy Hands for Cold Climates



As I mentioned in my previous post, I have always been a fan of great design that also fulfills a practical goal. To that end, I was super excited to discover my new favorite winter outerwear - the Access Mitt from Loki.

I've always tended to favor mittens over gloves - they're almost always warmer. Recently, I've had a pair of the old style half-finger gloves, but they were made of fleece and once they got wet, they got cold.

The Access Mitt fixes that - it's a perfectly waterproof, insulated mitt that allows quick and easy use of not just your fingers, but your whole hand. It's a great design that just makes you wonder why nobody's thought of this before. It gives you fast and easy access to your wallet, your phone, anything else that needs dexterity, without the need to remove and potentially lose a mitten.

Did I also mention they're super warm? That they look great and are made really well with high quality materials, but you can get them online for less than $50? Check out this YouTube video for even more specs on this cool new winter gear:

No comments: