Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lost in Yankee Stadium

I am a fan of the group Improv Everywhere, who are known for staging offbeat public stunts in New York City.

As a former NYC resident, I know that the sort of things this group does are the sort of ideas that most people can appreciate, and the fact that there is a spirit of fun behind what they do - trying to give their unsuspecting audiences a break from normal, or at least creating a moment that they can tell their friends about.

I just read about their latest mission, in which one of their agents does a wonderful job getting lost on the way back to his seat at Yankee Stadium. Having been to a few games there myself, I can understand how that might happen, but this guy turns it into an art. And if you watch the videos on the site, you'll see how it brings people together in the stands. Another mission accomplished.

No comments: